Monday, October 8, 2012

Fear owns us all.

Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat that causes animals to move quickly away from the location of the perceived threat, and sometimes hide. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger. In short, fear is the ability to recognize danger leading to an urge to confront it or flee from it (also known as the fight-or-flight response) but in extreme cases of fear (horror and terror) a freeze or paralysis response is possible. -Wikipedia.




Well, that's all Wikipedia has got? Fear to me is much more than that. It's subject to change depending on the situation I am in.

I fear that my preparation for my exams are not good enough,
I fear that my theoretical knowledge of medicine that has rusted over time, will be the reason for my fall.
I fear to think that I am already a year behind a few colleagues of mine,
I fear that this fear will stop me from extracting the best of me.

I fear that any thing could go wrong at any point during the pregnancy.
I fear that the worst nightmares I have about delivery is actually what I have known to have happened in real.
I fear that may happen in my case too.
I fear that these negative thoughts can actually bring unwanted negative energy.
I fear about my wife's and baby's good health.
I fear that there is nothing much I can do about it.
I fear I am not giving so much time to my wife, as I should be now.
I fear that this time that is slipping from my hands will never come back.

I fear each night, because it brings me closer to my exams.
I fear less each night because it also brings me closer to meeting my baby.
I fear which side of the fence my mind will tread to every dark night.
I fear fear fiercely.

Fear - I do not want you to have the best of me! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment