Monday, October 22, 2012

38 Weeks = The Grand Finale.

What a great finale!! Vihaan is finally here - My baby is here!

At exactly 38 weeks, Babi and I are parents. 

Its surprising how we all dread about the delivery and when it comes and goes, you realize that it isn't as hard as you thought it would be. Atleast, so was our case.

After a really nice meal yesterday, Babi and I went off to sleep. Just before we slept, her mom told us that she was more than a finger dilated and she would deliver soon. As I had already mentioned in my last blog post, I had been frustrated. I wanted to see my baby - NOW! Babi told me to hold my horses and wait. And that's what I did.

0830hrs: Babi feels a bit of contractions. She says it wasnt the "real" contractions, but there is an increased force.

0845hrs: Amma checks her and finds out that she is 3cms dilated already and says we need to rush her to the hospital (Moulana Hospital) and the baby should be out by evening, considering that its her first delivery.

0930hrs: Babi is taken to the labor room and I am called saying that we will have the baby soon.

0945hrs: I reach the hospital and rush to the labor room.

1030hrs: The contractions have become stronger and Babi has shooting pain down on her back towards her thighs. Still, situation under control.

1050hrs: Contractions have become stronger. She's been dilated to 8cms already. Amma, who was then taking her rounds in the ward was called into the labor room immediately. Nitrous Oxide gas started for analgesia.

1055hrs: Amma is in the labor room and see's that Babi is nearly 10cms dilated and the time has finally come to receive my boy.

1125hrs: Babi is fully dilated and has been asked to push hard with every contraction. Babi stops taking the N20 gas saying that its choking her throat.

1130hrs: All doctors (6) from anesthesiologists to neonatologists to Amma's colleagues are all in the labor room to support Babi.

1133hrs: There is a sudden dip in the fetal heart sound. Amma in panicky. She suspects that the child is in respiratory distress.

1134hrs: Vaccum is applied and fundal pressure is given.

1135hrs: Baby is out. Vihaan is born. Cried as soon as the head was out. But then he went blue scaring the shit out of me - but he gained breathing movements soon, and is healthy.

1140hrs: I call daddy and mummy and cry loud like a baby - told him "Daddy, Babi has delivered the most cutest baby boy". Daddy was so jubilant that he could barely breathe. 

1145hrs: General happiness. Peace sets in.


So, contrary to everyone's thoughts who never knew that Babi could tolerate so much pain and deliver a baby, she did. And she did it bravely.

Thanks to her, thanks to Amma, thanks to the Almighty - we are all so blessed to have Vihaan in our arms today - as the pioneer of the next generation in both our families.


3 comments:

  1. bless u all....
    avlokita

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shibu...no husband cud evr explain his wife's delivery in such beautiful words.....devi

    ReplyDelete