Sunday, October 7, 2012

Baby Names

Why cant my baby have any name in the world?

Why does any name necessarily have to denote the religion that person embraces?

Why cant a Hindu kid have the name Akbar or Kabir and why cant a Muslim child have the name Jaspreet or William?

Babi and I loved the names Armaan (boy) and Aafreen (girl), but its got shot down so badly by almost EVERYONE I know. Parents, friends, relatives. 

Dont the parents of the kid really have a say? Do all Hindu kids need to be named Ram or Shyam or Vishnu? Or should kids be the real ones to chose what name they should have?

All questions good, but answers all the same. I know that I will follow suit too, like how many do. 

But I always believe that every one should have the freedom to embrace whatever religion they want to, and it should not just be because of the virtue of being born into a family who already has one.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment