Thursday, September 20, 2012

Prayer


We all are taught how to pray by our elders. For some it is their grandparents, sometimes godparents, but mostly, just like in my case – their parents. For me my mom taught me how to pray. Two times a day. She taught us how we needed to be thankful to God for each passing day. How to pray for the blessings we received that day and how important it was to keep praying to keep it that way for the next day. How to pray for the elders in the family and people who we know who are sick or needy. How to pray for each other in our 4 member family. And for 25 years of my life I said the same prayer. New people would get included daily, but the core group was always the same. 

Then came Babi into my life. And then she would be a major part of my prayer. I'd pray how to keep her happy. How to not do or say anything that would hurt her. How to be worthy of her unending love, daily and every moment. How to make her proud of being with me.

3 years and now what I pray for mostly and almost always is for my Babi and baby. No amount of praise or worship is enough for the kind of blessing He has showered on me and my family. I pray that Babi goes through the entire pregnancy safely and has a smooth delivery. I pray that my lil bun comes out into this world shouting in happiness and joy. I pray that the love I have for my family now grows by each passing day. I pray that my time on earth be extended so much so that when I go away from here, I know my Babi is safe with my baby and that my baby is strong enough to take care of her. If that is met, I will be ready for you my Lord, to embrace your unfailing love in Heaven - to watch over them - still - with unending awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment