Sunday, September 16, 2012

30+ Weeks

Dearest Munch-kin,

Howdie pardner! So, its been a while since I have written to you. But I am sure you have nothing to complain because in the absence of these letters I have been talking and singing to you. You've always shown your special attraction to music ever since we could feel your little kicks. You would give a signal to your mommy that you are liking it in there - especially Tamil Film Music - the Dappankuthu. And for the feel of it, your mom would just increase the volume to see your kicks growing stronger and with vigour. And I love to know that you love music too. Your mom as you already know is a gifted singer. As for me, as you know by now, is also a person who wishes were a better singer. How I love to sing - but how I lack the timbre and education in music to pull it off. But let me assure you - when you are out from that cosy place, I'll sing you lullabies to put you off to sleep and I would do it just fine. Trust me.

I have off-late being downloading a lot of songs - all lullabies, the ones I wish to sing to you - now and also when you are right here in my arms. I like the Malayalam lullabies more than the Hindi and English ones. Maybe because I have sung some of them to lil kids I've known as I grew up and maybe more-so because those were the ones my mom sang to me when I was a kid. My daddy, your grandpa, had recorded cassettes of my songs, those that I'd sing when I was only 2. Can you imagine that? Such a brilliant start and what a pathetic journey! Alas. Many parents I know, even many of my generation, want to make their kids engineers and lawyers and doctors and pilots like themselves. I dont ask for any of those. You are our kid and any which thing you'll chose, I know you'll know exactly what you want and we would always be there with you through it. What I ask from God for you is an ability to sing, or maybe atleast play an instrument. The ability to do that one thing I so so much wanted to do in my life. This might sound like loading your shoulders with the hopes and failed personal aspirations that parents put on their children's shoulders from time to time, but trust you me - it is not. It is just a very personal favor that I ask of God. That personal favor which I shall be so blessed to receive through you.

I wonder if you can hear my voice a bit more clearly in there now hun. Your mom says that everytime I touch her tummy or just talk to her, you wake up inside of her. Is it because you love to listen to daddy? Or is it just co-incidence? I like to wish that the former one is true. And its simply because I love you.

Love,

Daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment