Friday, September 28, 2012

34+ Weeks

Dear hun.

So a big baby by now eh? I am amazed by how you would always respond to every time you hear my voice. How you would kick everytime I would sing to you. How you wake up from your blissful sumber everytime I touch your mommy. How do you know its daddy who is there near you? Do you really know or is it just co-incidence? Naah - it cant be that - you ALWAYS know. I wonder if you'd always be happy to be near daddy, even when you come out, and also when you grow up. Aah well, I dont want to start of with this expectations thing even before you are born. Ahahahaha. I wonder if its true what mom used to tell me , "you'll only know once you are a parent" when I used to brush her off saying she was over-emotional and worries for us beyond proportion. I am not even there yet, and yet this is how things are. Its all in the circle of life my child. Your granparents did it. I am doing it. Someday you too will do it. And if and when you do, you'll always have these letters that pappa has written for you - to check back and chuckle.

Mommy and Daddy
Meanwhile, your mommy is glowing. She gave me a fright of my life when she told me a few days back that you have not been moving for a while. I tried all the tricks I had in my kitty to wake you up, but you just dont budge. Worked up, with the worst possible thoughts popping in my head, your mom and me gave a SOS call to your granny. The moment you heard your mom and granny talk, there - a kick like never before. Strong, dominating, and totally under control. It was like you were trying to tell us to be more brave and stop acting like sissies. Lol. I think that's the worst part of being doctors and knowing the physiology of all this - only the worst possible outcomes flash into your head giving you a feeling like a stroke.

Anyways, you've been behaving well since then. And that's what matters. Mommy and I have started preparations for the big day. The day you would arrive into our arms. The day that'll be worth all the pain and discomfort and immobilisation mom went through the past 09 months. Worth it all.

As for me, well, I tried to pitch in a lot too. Trying to make mom and you as comfortable as possible. But I enjoyed every single moment of the past few months - watching you grow, knowing to respond to our voice, feeling like a dad - every bit of it.

I will stop now. More in the next letter. Till then, keep kicking my child.

Kisses,

Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment