One thing Babi craved for during her pregnancy was Chicken Pasta. She never got tired of it. I mean, how many times have you heard somebody telling you about such a craving ever before? But that was hers. And she would not settle for anything other than the one I cooked for her. We tried a variety of places, but none actually satisfied her palate. So I cooked pasta at least 5 times a week and nothing ever went waste, as she would have the left overs for breakfast and the remaining for lunch!!
I am so glad that we had her sister staying with us and she would help me in chopping the vegetables.
Let me share quickly with you the recipe I used often. Its simple and keeping the basic framework in place, you could try various new styles too. Also, most importantly, this is the first time I am trying to compose a cooking recipe. So please ignore if it sounds funny. Here we go :
1. Pasta : 1 packet 500gms serves 06 gluttons easily. (I personally like to use fusilli, and brand : Andalini)
2. Chicken : ½ kg. Cut into small cubes, or you could also use chopped sausages (it saves time)
3. Vegetables : You can use all that you like. I use carrots, capsicum and occasionally broccoli. Just a half more than a cup full, including everything. You could also add a bit of spinach. It tastes good too.
5. Onions : 03 big, finely chopped.
6. Tomatoes : 02. Finely chopped.
7. Ginger garlic paste : 3 tablespoons.
8. Blackpepper powder : 1 teaspoon.
9. Fresh cream : 500ml.
10. Salt to taste.
11. Olive oil.
12. Chilli sause : I tablespoon
13. Soya sause : 1 teaspoon
14. Hot sause : 1 teaspoon
1. Take a large bowl. Put the pasta in it. And pour water to fully submerge the pasta and stop when the water level is a bit above it. Sprinkle some salt and add a dash of olive oil. (Olive oil makes sure the pasta don’t stick to each other and the salt adds to the taste by not making it feel bland)
2. Cook the same for ten minutes on moderate flame and stop the flame and allow it to cook in the vessel with the lid placed for an other ten minutes.
3. Meanwhile, take a pan and pour olive oil into it. Shallow fry the chicken cubes for half a minute and remove it from flame. While you are doing that you can also add to the flavour by adding some oregano or basil leaves on to it. But this is just an add on.
4. Scramble the eggs and keep aside.
5. Shallow fry the onions in olive oil, and to that add the vegetables, ginger garlic paste, salt and black pepper.
6. When they have cooked, into goes the chicken and the scrambled egg.
7. Add the sauces into this now.
8. Once the ten minutes are up, see if the pasta is cooked fully and remove it into a strainer and wash with cold water and allow it to drain.
9. Take the large bowl again and pour a dash of olive oil. Into that goes the mixture you’ve made.
10. To that add the fresh crème and stir thoroughly.
11. Just about when the crème is cooked and hot, put the pasta into it and mix thoroughly till all ingredients are mixed well.
12. Cook on low flame for about 3 minutes and you are ready to serve.
13. You could garnish it with some grated cheese and broccoli and it really brings out the flavour.
At the end what you get is a nice and creamy chicken pasta and yes, it does taste quite good.
So when you have the time and mood to try something out in your kitchen, this is a dish you should, because the chances for it to goof up is minimal and also, it requires less cooking time.
And for expecting daddy’s similar conditions like mine , this recipe can literally save you.
Got to rush, there’s pasta on the stove. ;)