Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Poem It Was - The Sunny Sunday.












I walked the roads that circle the falls,
It was Sunday and it seemed to have nothing in store but some beautiful rainfall.
Just as I would think the road ends, it took a turn,
And threw me into a realm that I miss to return.

Beautiful water-laden skies, and the air so cool,
I saw lilies on the banks and also kingfishers diving into the water pool.
I saw little flowers with hues many,
And also a lark, that sang a song - oh so pretty.

The old temple that still treasures the divine,
The tree that hasnt moved since more than decades nine.
The soaking mist that the falls blew,
The peace, that made me think of you.

The hanging bridge that connected the two sides,
And the strength it has to allow people cross a thousand times.
All that and many more just in a day,
Why wouldn't I call it - a perfectly beautiful Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Walking in circles around the falls,
    On the Sunday in same rainfall.
    Dear friend you took the ends n turns on recall,
    We drenched with memories within you inwall.

    It's been a while with the cool breeze, loaded with watered sky.
    Lilies on bank of the pool, water circled by kingfisher dive.
    My senses heightened, n deep sweeping vistas took me on fly...

    Old rocks of temple making the site divine.
    One tree spelling a story of decade nine.
    The trill felt in senses of mine.
    Oh dear friend you took me on memories scrolling down my spine.

    A hanging bridge to chord, two parts of world.
    The connection you spell in thousand word.
    All those heights and shallow, you help me ford.
    Yes! Dear friend! It’s correctly spelled by your vocal cord.

    Lovely n beautifully way to picture your few years back WONDERFUL SUNDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to read Alka after soooooo long...Thanks shibu

    ReplyDelete