Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello Goa!

While coming back from Belgaum, to Trivandrum - to home, my friend Sayan and I had a small transit through Goa.

We were there for nearly 4 hours. And we walked the streets in the sun. We ate the most lovely breakfast from Longuinos. Sausages, ham, cheese omlettes, crispy brown bread toasts, and drank lots of peach ice tea.
Its always wonderful to have conversations with Sayan. He'll always have some information to share. Like this time when he told me how sausages can be home-made. He told me how the casings of the sausages are derived from the intestinal tract of farmed animals and how the filling was made from ground meat and often salt, herbs, and spices. He told me how his mom cooks the best sausages he has tasted, and has promised to get Babi and me some when he comes back from home.
Then we went to a store that sold Goan Port Wine and I got a lot of that packed. Few for us and the remaining for our friends here. I like the sweet taste of port wine. And its smell is so deep. Then we hit Natural Icecreams. Naturals has some of the best ice-creams. I specially like the tender coconut, fresh chickoo and custard-apple flavors. How they derived their flavors from fruits. Amazing. And then, full in the tummy, we headed back to resume our journey. Happy. Full.

And I couldnt wait to reach back home. I just could not!

No comments:

Post a Comment