Monday, March 15, 2010

The New Pup – Jenniee

Today I felt my happiness doubled. Not just because of the general happiness that is in the air because my boss is on leave, but because a new canine joined the family. My junior got for himself a coffee coloured Golden Retriever. She has been named Jenniee, and is 1 month and 20 days old. After Brownie, I haven’t really held any canine in my arms or played with them. Jenniee came in the oddest time possible. The car I send to fetch her got late and she landed at 0300am. And I was so cranky to open my door thinking it would be an other casuality knocking. But I was so pleasantly surprised to see the delivery – a cute lil pup in a cardboard box. I cant even explain how elated I was to see her. I did not sleep the whole night then, one reason was that I just loved looking at her and other, she would allow me to sleep. By morning I was feeling bad..because in no time Rishi would come running to take his puppy back. By 0500am Brownie woke up and was surprised to see a similar species in the same room. I was anxious in the beginning, but Brownie proved me so wrong. She couldn’t be happier to see the pup. She licked and played with it as if its her own kid. It actually reminded me of my sister who used to bathe and play and make up her doll as a kid. It was a sight to see. And I kept watching the two play, and time just ticked away without notice till I heard the horn of the vehicle, which heralded her departure. And in sometime Jenniee had gone to her master. But the few hours of happiness she gave me was akin to the best breed of marijuana. Ok, that was a metaphor. Miss you Jenniee.

Jenniee



Brownie and Jenniee


Anupam and I with the duo


Rishi with his pet pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment