Monday, March 29, 2010

Foster Moments

Yes, this blog entry was due yesterday, but the hangover Vodka can give you is much more then Rum. Let me assure you that. Ha!
I wanted to tell about the great time I had in Dimpaur, Nagaland with my friends. As I keep updating on my blog and my statuses on FB and Twitter, my boss is away on leave. And since he is not the kind of boss one would miss even if he was dead, you can wonder how much relieved every single one in the battalion might be feeling. Most of all, the adjutant, Capt. Kaushik, who also is the staff officer to the Commanding Officer – the one who takes the maximum of his shit. Being the doctor, I am away from the decomposing shit most of the time, but when it hits the fan, you know you cant escape, don’t you. With times like this coming in, one tends to realise that its not the intensity of work that can get you worked out, its the hostile environment – a boss that sits and craps onto your head really isn’t the best setting you know. The mental rape that one is mercilessly exposed to, inspite of the unforgiving mountainous and cold terrain just acts like kerosene to fire.
That is a lot of deviation from my actual topic though. Yes, as I saying, my very close friend Divya and her husband raj(also a great buddy) were on their way home to Delhi and decided to take a transit at Dimapur to catch up and party. Its been a long while since I had seen Divya, and though we never miss a day without hearing from either end, the sight and the feeling of your close friend just next to you is an amazing experience. Divya and I had been together through a lot of stuff. We have scaled highs and lows together to extreme proportions. There has been innumerable fights and emotional confrontations, but we have always ended together, like how small birds end up into a mothers nest by dusk. So, getting to meet someone so emotionally attached to you is a feeling I know all of you can relate with. And her husband Raj is the perfect definition to – A gem of a man! And this coming from me, he must be really good, for those who know me.
So, Anupam and I drove all the way to Dimapur where we met up with the Rajs and caught up over a cup of hot coffee before driving down to Baskin Robbins for our favourite Hawaiian Surprise. A quick gulp of the chocolate sin down our throats and we found ourselves in the dimly lit Mc Crommes lounge, bang on the heart of Dimapur town. Australian for beer – Fosters, is amazing company. I must tell you that. A lot of chitter chatter jabber there and we headed to the Escape Lounge, where Dj Raaztu rocked the dance floor. Dancing has always been a passion for me, and with a great company like this, what more could one ask for. There was fantastic music, great food, awesome crowd, and best of friends. Man, did we move the night away or what!?
Time ticked and as they say all good things has to come to an end, we heard the swans song at the railway station where we (anupam and I) went to see of the Rajs. Better put as the cherry on the cake, this day in the midst of already good days was the high point in the vacation like time. I realised how much I missed great company like this for a long time, and how much my heart called for it. Well, what do I say... this is indeed a gold mine in my pocketful of memories. Hell yeah!







No comments:

Post a Comment