Tuesday, November 29, 2011

When Shiju met Mira.

Mira and Shiju
Happiness was palpable on the faces of these two people when they met each other face to face. Flying down all the way barely for a week from Bahrain was something I couldn't have imagined him doing for anyone but her. All all this from a person who said he would never ever get married. He often gave himself descriptions like "chronic bachelor" or "always single" and many times I seriously thought that he would always stay bachelor. But I think when the stars are aligned and you meet 'that' person, you know you want to be with them for the rest of your life. That's clearly what happened in his case and I am glad that it did and the person who he'd do it for is her. Mira.

You should have been there to see the blushing and the tension on both their faces. Mira looked stunning in a dark blue sari and Shiju was dressed in formal wear. And to see them both together was stunning to say the least. Once they both officially declared their interest in the proposal, we took Mira out for lunch and we had a great time. There was fun, laughter, happiness, wonderful food and genuine bonding. Everything just the way we had wanted it to be. Something so worth all the pain I had to go through to be there just to attend this event, all the way from Rajasthan. All this effort to see that smile on my brothers face and my SIL-to-be's face. Something I know I never wanted to miss, and something I know I will cherish for all my life. The day my brother met his companion for life.

All I can say is I cant wait to see them as a married couple and go through all that ups and downs and tread all those paths in which happiness lies. God bless you darlings! Hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment