Sunday, October 2, 2011

Faith in Faith

Its Navratri. 10 holy days in which Hindus pray to Goddess Durga for her infinite blessings.
I try and go to the temple every evening. I have made it a routine now. I want it to last atleast for this ten days. Its doing me good. Because I can feel this tranquil that comes over me everytime I go there. The peace. That unmeasured belief in the idea that beyond the power of human imagination is a force that sees, measures, controls and repairs it all. That faith. That feeling. That’s what attracts me there.
Today as I stood there praying at one of the altars, a gush of wind blew on my face. I felt that its God’s way of telling me that He could hear me. But just then, the same wind extinguished the holy flame that lit up the place. Which put me in a doubt. Do I take it as a bad sign?
Just then I realised -that’s where faith comes in right? The faith that no matter what – the one you trust, you believe, be it God or Man, would never let you down in any way. The faith to have no second opinions and the courage to accept that.
And this became the golden thread of my conviction and brought me closer to the force I believe in. THE force I have FAITH in.


No comments:

Post a Comment