Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Learning from my Wife

Babi never fails to surprise me in every walk of life.

The journey with her is a walk with pleasant surprises. And I know I am blessed to have her company and unconditional love and support. And I wonder what I had done in this life or the ones before to deserve someone like her. Lord, thank you.

Over the last few days we have been shuttling from one hospital to other taking Babi's dad - he being unwell. And when I say unwell, I mean - really really unwell. There have been times when we werent really sure if there was light at the end of the tunnel even. But to say the least, the clouds have moved and sun seems to be shining.

Babi as a person is a very very emotional one. Everyone knowing her knows beyond doubt that her threshold to crying is like the super-minimum. Someone who can cry seeing the most trashy movie and watching someone in pain. When we had come face-to-face with the situation above, I really thought that Babi would lose all hope and would sink into depression. But the way she handled the situation left me wonder-struck. She realised the extend to which her family counted on her and she literally grew upto the situation. She wouldnt shed a single tear in front of her folks, she would run around the whole day - sometimes to get medicines, sometimes to get food/water, sometimes for blood reports.. she would do it all day and then retire to bed only to wake up early morning to repeat the process. This coming from the same person who used to tell me that waking up early in the morning was impossible for her. She is basically more of a night-person you see. And when there would be nobody around and we were alone, she would burst into tears and ventilate to void the tension and then she would get back into nursing her dad.

I know now that when we come face to face with adversity, the great Lord gives us the courage to fight it too. I have seen it right in front of my eyes. Through Babi. I know beyond doubt that whatever progress my FIL has shown over the days is simply because of the love, care and dedication that Babi has showered on him. She would pray all day for him in such a way that God had no option but to listen to her cries. All I want right now is that her dad gets back on the horse asap because I miss seeing her smiling. I miss seeing her happy and being her actual self. I miss being myself with the real her around. I miss watching her being a baby with her dad. I miss being happy. I miss being whole.

I am sure things will be better soon. I know. She will make it happen for us. Babi will. God speed.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Babi's Dad's doing better now....u guys wil be in our prayers always!!

    ReplyDelete