Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bow wow!

I am going to begin my blog by quoting what my friend Aditya said when I text-ed him that I am very happy and that happiness has doubled. He called and asked : "Is it a puppy, sir?". haha...
My love and craze for dogs and pups isnt a novelty in my circle, but I had a great time puppy shopping today. We went to around 8 breeders, visited 3 homes and talked to a dozen others on phone before we boiled down to our catch. The pleasure of just having to look at these wonderful creatures...so innocent they are, arent they?? I mean, who in the world can stop themselves from loving them? Dog-haters are one bunch of hardcore losers to me.
We had not decided as to what breed exactly we want, but we sure knew our priorities. We needed a dog who could be good as a family pet, as an active companion, for obedience trials and a bit for protection too. We knew we only needed a middle sized dog, and no bitch, cos there our walls are not too high, and I think I know exactly what these dogs want. Lol.
So, we went from pillar to post and almost fixed on 2, but both being females, we had to reconsider. But luckily, our search ended with Popular Kennels, which was suggested by one of our friends, and we got the puppy, just as we had wished for. A fawn colored male Labrador pup. 38 days old. Smart, beautiful eyed, and extremely active, handsome and lovable. Just like the kinds we see on the covers of glossy magazines. We did seriously consider a Chow-Chow, but they were really expensive and I know that my dad should have kicked my butt if I asked him for it. And my wife really loved a Tibetan Spaniel too. But my wife, brother and I just loved him so much to even think about someone else. Right now, as the three of us are busy thinking about what name to call him, we also cant wait till Friday when he would finally come home.
Yes, today we met the doggy who is going to be family!! Cant wait to have you here puppy. There is so much love in store for you lil one.
PS: I am attaching a picture of a labrador puppy that so looks like our puppy, which I downloaded from Google and the others we loved today...till he walks across the door and into our lives in real.

The Labrador puppy

Tibetan Spaniel

Chow Chow

yaabadaabadoo....

No comments:

Post a Comment