Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trust.


One phrase that is so often misused in normal day-to-day parlance is “Don’t you trust me?”

So I am forced to accept as true that anyone who uses it might be influenced beyond doubt what it means. With that objective I asked many of my friends what ‘trust’ means to them. Says Ankush, 26, “Trust is when someone will not betray you”. Sunil, 33, thinks - “Trust is something between a husband and wife”. Rohit, 22, on the other hand feels that Trust is the “ability to trust someone fully”.  The more I probed the more characterizations I got for the same word and I am persuaded that Trust is a very subjective word.

That brings to the forefront the question – What does the word TRUST really mean?

Well, like all above, trust has always meant different things to me depending on the situation, for a long time. Suffices to say, it did and not anymore. For me, trust is about empowering a person. That total and complete submission of your inner-core to that one person whom you know will never go easy on you. That unflinching understanding that can effortlessly withstand the shock of time and person. That unconditional faith that no one can poison you against. That is trust to me. It’s the same trust that would not make one believe anything against that person, no matter how convincing it might sound, chock-full with occurrences and examples and references. It’s the same trust that can empower you to stand up for your friend/family/lover. It’s the same trust that makes one’s life beautiful, meaningful and worth living for. It’s the same trust that sees us blooming through every single day. It’s that trust that we share, that we know is the most sacred. That is the golden thread that makes the fabric of trust in my heart.

And if I know you trust me, I’ll do anything to give the same and more back,
 and if you break mine, I won’t throw stones or stab with words,
I will just walk away – never, ever to turn back.

No comments:

Post a Comment