Sunday, December 19, 2010

Unlike button PLEASE. Pronto.

I want to blame it on Facebook. Today the things we do in our lives is either like or dislike. And saying that I so hope that FB comes up with a dislike/unlike button – whatever sounds better, asap. There is so much of random shit floating around in the internet.

The past few days of my life is the phase where I would copiously should have used the unlike button. I mean, look at it. I have the most beautiful home, a wonderful wife, an awesome bunch of local friends – who are as fun loving as us, a wonderful unit, fantastic climate – rains and the cool weather, I am on leave(to top it ALL) – but I am having to study(Unlike button pressed 10000 times here!). I have that terrible life changing interview coming up and I cant fully allow myself to go off the leash. I have mentally programmed myself to be in front of the books most of the time. But the fact is, 75% of the time I am just allowing my mind to wander in the meadows like a free bird or a cow..and the other fraction of time I realise that my ass is on fire and I don’t have much of time in the hour glass and I study.

I haven’t been with books for nearly 4 years now, and to get back with them with a bang is so undesirable. It feels more like they are ‘getting back’ at me. I am sure you all would have clicked the unlike button with me if you were to go back to books – all over again. But being a doctor, what I am so sure about is that this journey with books is going to be a undying thing. And I am so not liking it.

Just the last week, I had talks with a senior about how it is to pursue MBA etc etc..and join something in mass communications.. and I shared that thought with my wife – who nearly lost it. Haha. But then again, I realised that I love my job. It fits me so perfectly and left to myself, I just want to continue doing what I am doing. I seriously do not want to add that paragraph to my degrees because I am totally satisfied with my job. The social pressure is something I need to come in terms with. Don’t you think that most of our life changing decisions have a lot to do with what the society desires from us. How many of us would just ignore the social fabric and take a really bold decision, which might say offend a lot of people. Trust me when I tell you that I have faced with some of ‘those’ situations in real life and people who already know me personally know how I chickened out of it to suit the social taste. That brings us to the point where I have to admit, from personal experiences again, that chickening out of something you really love doing/love to do, is much more nerve obliterating than going ahead with it. Because if you had put up with the fight, you would have got what you really really loved and that should have made it worth it all. But here you lose both ways. And as usual, I have wandered, like that cow I mentioned earlier, and reached a topic that has nothing to do with my unlike button.

So getting back, I like to say that the rat race and blah blah; the time and tide blah blah; the opportunity and door crap blah blah, all might be true – but having to do something when you are not actually ready to do that, but still having to do that, and that too by giving your best is something I so not-like(unlike!).

So if you were here, would you press the Unlike? ;)

(Ok, now I have crossed the line – back to books or the meadows.)

No comments:

Post a Comment