Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dont even try it. Its worthless.

I am sure you all must have been in a situation where we have emotionally forced somebody to do something for us, just to make us happy or maybe somebody other than the both of you happy. I dont know about you, but one thing I know is that, I have done that many times than one.
I havent done it in the conventional way always, but I am sure as hell that I did make my point every other time. I could give the instances, but then it would be too obvious to the person who might at sometime read this. Even when this proposition is the rarest possibility.
When I look at it, I think its all got to do with our expectations. What we would love to get from the other person, for our investment into the relation, really bothers us.And even if the other person wouldnt have even thought/planned of doing 'that' thing you wanted from them, they would invariably do it for you...for your happiness, because they care for it in someway you cant explain. And wouldnt have if you did not voluntarily expressed/forced your desire on them.
What I think after being in this kinda situation so many times, is it really worth it? I mean, the thoughtfullness that person shows in giving life your desire is awesome, but you could have got that exact same thing from the store yourself. When you get it the way you got it from them, it becomes more of a tangible, a commodity, a reminder of your constant want of attention, an impersonal gift.Wouldnt it be much more special if they would have read your mind and done something half more elaborate than now? I am sure that would just blow life into that moment.
The other situation. You hoped they would call after something horrible happened. You hoped that they would greet you on your graduation, or come dancing with you on one of your happy-days...but they never did. And that hurts too. And that hurts a lot. And maybe we do that by-force thing, just to evade that unpleasant feeling. And maybe in comparision, to us, we stand justified. But what would be the limit to this? Till when will we be playing this game? And when would we stop expecting? Or still better - when would they bloody understand???

(Any resemblence with any person living or dead is sheer co-incidence)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ... well to start off, I can say....been there,done that... but then like u ve posted, it becomes a reminder of need for attention, a vulnerability and exposing ur weakness which can be taken advantage of in some point of time... I can't say I have mastered it but yes, definitely working on getting off it coz it does no good to me, the other person n worst of all not good for the relation at all...n let me tell you for me,getting off it is by no means an easy task to do...

    ReplyDelete